I baked!! Finalllyy!!! After being in the mood for a few days I finally baked!!! Before we start I must say that I found this amazing delicious cupcake recipe from the greatest baker, Sally! Who is now my best friend. Sally, you are awesome!
They are amazing! Soo gooood and tooo goooood!!! I don’t know how to describe them.. Chocolately.. Fudgeyyy… Moist.. Perfect.. Peanut butteryy.. Sweeet.. mmm I’m craving my 5th one right now. I shouldn’t.. I can’t.. I mustn’t.. I…. Just got another one…
Sally calls them ‘Skinny Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl Cupcakes‘ I call them heaven on earth. Yes, they are that goood. If not better!! The reason she calls them skinny is because she used healthier replacements such as 0% plain greek yogurt, egg whites rather than egg and also whole wheat flour.. Did I mention they have bananas.. They do.
Best part of those heavenly cupcakes..? They’re super easy to make, even for a first time baker…
So you want the recipe?
Ok ok here it goes:
- 2 large very ripe bananas. That would make about one cup.
- 1/2 cup of sugar.
- 2 large egg whites.
- 3/4 greek yogurt ( If you want the healthier alternative go for the 0% plain, even though you can use normal yogurt or even vanilla greek yogurt)
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter ( melt it using a microwave)
- Peanut butter chips ( as many as you like)
How do we do it?
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- In a bowl, smash the bananas until they are mushed and there are no big lumps. Keep on smashing until you’re sure. I used a fork, its easy and convenient.
- In a bowl mix all the ‘wet’ ingredients as Sally calls them. They are the smashed bananas, egg whites, sugar, greek yogurt and vanilla extract.
- In a different bowl, sift all the dry ingredients which are the flours, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- Moderately stir the wet ingredients onto the dry ingredients as to make sure everything is mixed in very well. You do not need to use the mixer for this recipe!
- After having mixed everything together, put the chocolate chips into the mix.
- Divide the batter into your baking cups. When I tried them they make around 20 cupcakes (but my baking cups are small), but in the original recipe they made 12 cupcakes.
- Melt the peanut butter and put a teaspoon on each cup. Swirl it around with a toothpick.
- Finally, add the peanut butter chips. And now bake them.
It should take around 20 minutes, I kept mine for another 2 minutes. If you want to be precise, put a toothpick through a cupcake if it comes out clean then they are ready!
Cool them! And Enjoy them!!!!
The ingredients before:
The peanut butter and chocolate heaven cupcakes:
My first bite:
Bon Appetit!! 🙂
Please note the this recipe was republished from Sally’s Baking Addiction.