Things are different, things have changed, I’m not sure to what extent but things are not the same. How is it possible that as I was living those days I didn’t notice the change, but now, it’s all different. Or is it? Do we like to pretend that things have changed because it gives us an excuse to blame our problems on life? I often wonder if that’s the case. Did things change because they were meant to or did they change because we somehow screwed up along the way? But then the argument will go back to why did we screw up? Was it because we were supposed too? It’s an ongoing cycle, one that I’m not sure how to answer exactly. Maybe part of this cycle is to actually take responsibility of your own behavior and actions. I like to think it is. I mean what’s the point of growing up if we don’t acknowledge our mistakes? But why should we? Why can’t we just blame everything on life, wouldn’t be easier, wouldn’t be simpler, wouldn’t friendship bonds stay intact, wouldn’t everything somehow be ok? I wish I knew the answer to this question. But until then, I’m just going to get up, brush it off, and keeping walking. It’s the only way I’m going to be able to figure this out anyways.
I baked!! Finalllyy!!! After being in the mood for a few days I finally baked!!! Before we start I must say that I found this amazing delicious cupcake recipe from the greatest baker, Sally! Who is now my best friend. Sally, you are awesome!
They are amazing! Soo gooood and tooo goooood!!! I don’t know how to describe them.. Chocolately.. Fudgeyyy… Moist.. Perfect.. Peanut butteryy.. Sweeet.. mmm I’m craving my 5th one right now. I shouldn’t.. I can’t.. I mustn’t.. I…. Just got another one…
Sally calls them ‘Skinny Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl Cupcakes‘ I call them heaven on earth. Yes, they are that goood. If not better!! The reason she calls them skinny is because she used healthier replacements such as 0% plain greek yogurt, egg whites rather than egg and also whole wheat flour.. Did I mention they have bananas.. They do.
Best part of those heavenly cupcakes..? They’re super easy to make, even for a first time baker…
So you want the recipe?
Ok ok here it goes:
- 2 large very ripe bananas. That would make about one cup.
- 1/2 cup of sugar.
- 2 large egg whites.
- 3/4 greek yogurt ( If you want the healthier alternative go for the 0% plain, even though you can use normal yogurt or even vanilla greek yogurt)
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter ( melt it using a microwave)
- Peanut butter chips ( as many as you like)
How do we do it?
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- In a bowl, smash the bananas until they are mushed and there are no big lumps. Keep on smashing until you’re sure. I used a fork, its easy and convenient.
- In a bowl mix all the ‘wet’ ingredients as Sally calls them. They are the smashed bananas, egg whites, sugar, greek yogurt and vanilla extract.
- In a different bowl, sift all the dry ingredients which are the flours, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- Moderately stir the wet ingredients onto the dry ingredients as to make sure everything is mixed in very well. You do not need to use the mixer for this recipe!
- After having mixed everything together, put the chocolate chips into the mix.
- Divide the batter into your baking cups. When I tried them they make around 20 cupcakes (but my baking cups are small), but in the original recipe they made 12 cupcakes.
- Melt the peanut butter and put a teaspoon on each cup. Swirl it around with a toothpick.
- Finally, add the peanut butter chips. And now bake them.
It should take around 20 minutes, I kept mine for another 2 minutes. If you want to be precise, put a toothpick through a cupcake if it comes out clean then they are ready!
Cool them! And Enjoy them!!!!
The ingredients before:
The peanut butter and chocolate heaven cupcakes:
My first bite:
Bon Appetit!! 🙂
Please note the this recipe was republished from Sally’s Baking Addiction.
Happy valentines day!!! 🙂 a day late.. 😛
First of I need to start by apologizing to everyone for the lack of posts but I had midterms this past week, so I honestly did not have the time.
Anyways, so I finished midterms yesterday and what did I do to celebrate the end of midterms? I go to my favorite breakfast place the next day; Eggspectations!!! Yummyy!! Anyone who has been to Montreal or lived/lives here knows just how good it is! And to my great joy they changed their menues and added new dishes!!! And it was too goood!! If you haven’t been their recently then you should defiantly give it a try!
I ordered the eggshuberent which comes with your choice of eggs, pancakes, potatoes and choice of sausage or smoked meat ( I love the smoked meat)!
In all honestly eggspectation has a very corny name and every dish is called something just as creative but each dish is honestly taster than the other. The decor of the place is fun, typical for a Montrealer but I love it! The service is great, friendly and helpful! The only downside of this place is that on sundays you might have to wait to be seated for brunch.
My friend ordered the southwest omelete which was an omelete with three types of cheese alongside peppers and onions topped with sour cream and their famous salsa sauce and finally an avocado! She however, order the sauces and avocado on the side so you won’t see them in the pictures!
‘I crave change, yet I fear change.’
Ok so I’m going to start by saying I hate change. I just do, its one of those things that just tend to piss me off. Anyways regardless, lets discuss change. Some say change is a good thing, while others may disagree, although I hate it I don’t know where I stand with it. It’s like I’m on this see-saw and when I’m up I don’t mind change, but when I’m down I do. Or maybe we can say I like change when I look back and see how I’ve grown (meaning changed) but I don’t like change when its happening to me. Butttttt then again, who does? The other day I was watching an episode of Greys Anatomy and it somehow explained change to me in such a different light. And you know what! Meredith is right.. Just read the quote and you decide. If you want to write your opinion go ahead. 🙂
When we say things like ‘people don’t change,’ it drives scientists crazy because change is literally the only constant in science. Energy, matter, it’s always changing, morphing, merging, growing, dying. It’s the way people try not to change that’s unnatural…the way we change to what things were than letting them be as they are. The way we change to old memories instead of forming new ones, the way we insist on believing, despite every scientific indication that anything in this lifetime is permanent. Change is constant. How we experience change, that’s up to us. It can feel like death or a second chance at life if we open our fingers, loosen our grips, go with it. It can feel like pure adrenaline, like at any moment we can have another chance at life…like at any moment, we can be born all over again.
See guys I’m telling you, its a love hate relationship we have there.. or in this case I have there… 🙂
Today I had the opportunity to try home-made cupcakes baked by Amina Samy. I have often heard how amazing these cupcakes are but never had the chance to try them. Today when I saw them I was so excited and thrilled I could not stop myself, I had 3 diferent flavors! and all I could say is WOW! They were amazing!!! I’ve posted pictures I took of them but pictures could not do these cupcakes justice! I honestly did not believe that they were homemade but they are. And they look soo pretty!!
She made Nutella cupcakes (which tasted divine), Salted carmel (I don’t like it much but hers were honestly yummy) and the last which were my favirote for oh so many reason where cookie dough cupcakes!!!!!!!! (YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMYYYY!!)
P.s if you haven’t figured yet, I have a strong sweet tooth, and cupcakes are always the best sugar fix.
P.S.S Amina, thanks for the cupcakes! They were good! 🙂
Social Media is revolutionary… It’s changing our lives today, it has impacted the world around us! It has it’s advantages and disadvantages and plays a role in everyones lives, it changing history!
We can look at Egypt’s revolution, but from a political scientist point of view, wether what happened in Egypt should be considered a revolution, well thats debatable..
Anywayyysss, I’m not here to discuss any evolutions other than the social media one. This video is awe-so-some! Super cool and honestly mind blowing!!
One fun fact from this video:
Kindergartens are now learning on iPads! Not chalkboards!
No, but really it’s fascinating to see what the world has come too!!
Could running be considered a sport? Or is it merely an action? I’m not so sure honestly. But it is the form of exercise that I enjoy doing. But I started running on my own, just got on a treadmill one day and thought, maybe I should try to jog, and then a few weeks (2 weeks actually) later I increased the speed and ever since there, I’ve been hooked. So two years later I’m going to tell you the tips I learnt along my journey.. Journey? Well yes, because as any dedicated runner will tell you its a journey, a journey filed with achievements, hard work and mostly dedication, you don’t stop, you don’t give up no matter what the circumstances are. You just put on your running shoes and run, treadmill or sidewalk or even up the mountain. You just do it.
So the tips I found to be most useful are:
- Invest in good running shoes. Yes, I said it. Buy the good ones, even if your unsure about if your going to stick to your new year resolution of becoming more fit. You might ask why should you..? The answer is simple; injuries. You can hurt yourself, and it hurts. You can get black toenails, blisters, corns and numbness among many others.
- Girls: Invest in a good sports wear. Just buy them outwear and under wear. I recommend you buy them from sports apparel shops, the ones that are made especially for running.
- Cotton socks will lead you blisters, get ones that are designed for running.
- Be serious. Listen running is not a sport for the weak. It’s not easy but it’s rewarding. Once you learn how to do it right, you won’t want to stop, each time you pass your goal you’ll just raise the bar higher. Its amazing but also very tiring. If you decide to take it up, give it the time it needs. Because it’s going to need time. I’m not here to demotivate you, in fact I want to do the opposite but I will be honest with you running is hard at first but soon after you build the endurance and the strength it will feel like flying.
- Don’t just run, work on your entire body. Build your endurance and build your strength, running alone will hurt you (talking from experience). My knees started hurting, my ankles as well as my hamstrings. I was in pain, and when I asked a trainer, he advised me to work on my strength and endurance for a while, and I did, when I went back to running, it felt like I was flying.
- MOST IMPORTANT ONE: EAT! always eat after a run, you body needs the fuel. You need to eat and don’t eat something unhealthy or small. Have a good meal, listen guys I’m not saying go out and eat a heavy meal I’m saying have the essentials in the proportions that are needed for your body, have the proteins with the veggies and carbs cause your gonna need it to continue on with your day.
- A secret a trainer told me once; before you workout, have a good meal (few hour in advance) that has carbs and no I’m not saying have a Fettuccine Alfredo. What I mean is more along the lines of a good sandwich, maybe a peanut butter sandwich (personal favourite of mine). After you workout, don’t eat so many carbs, stick to protein and vegetables.
Alright guys, have a good run! enjoy it and if you are just beginning and you can only do 10 minutes on a treadmill, don’t worry you’ll get there. Just don’t give up. 🙂
So I’ll let you in on a little secret! ahhh what am I saying, its not a secret. So I have curly wurly hair. thats right I said, for all of you guys chilling with me on a regular basis I DON’T have straight hair, in fact, its curly wurly.
So now, I’ll tell you another secret.. Well its actually expected so, I’ll confess then.. I HAVE.. yup you guessed it… DRY HAIR…
So I was at the gym with my friend and she told me (Hiiiiii) that she had really dry hair at one point, and she ended up using HOT OLIVE OIL to help her out.. and honestly, the girl has beautiful hair! (You know you do, so shhh)
So the way it goes, is simple APPARENTLY!
What do we need?
1) Oil ( Coconut, olive,caster, sesame)
2) Hot Water
3) Shower cap
So the steps:
Step one: Heat the oil.
Pour hot water in a rounded plate.
Add the oil but have the oil in its own little glass container, like the ones for the salt and pepper.
Keep it there for a minute or two.
Step two: Put the oil on your hair.
Really its self explanatory, simply just pour the oil on your hair, message the roots and go all the way to the ends.
DONT PUT ALOT, OTHERWISE IT WILL BE VERY DIFFICULT TO REMOVE THE OIL FROM YOUR HAIR.
Put the shower cap on your hair now.
Wet a towel with hot water and simply wrap your hair with the shower cap on it, the way we always have a towel around our hair. Some may call it 1940’s style.
Note: PLEASE SQUEEZE ALL THE WATER FROM THE TOWEL BEFORE PLACING IT ON YOUR HEAD, OR IT WILL DRIP ON YOU ALL THE TIME.
Now we wait, just like I am waiting. Yup its going to take from 30 minutes to an hour, maybe two if you have the time.. So just sit down relax and chill; read a book, do the dishes, call up your friends. Have some YOU TIME.
I’ve looked around the internet enough times to know that you should do it once a week, and avoid using any products (heat or otherwise [mousse, serum]) on your hair after you wash it.
As for how to wash you hair;
Let the water be on body temp at the beginning, then shampoo your hair once and some say we don’t need to use conditioner, so if you feel you don’t then don’t. As for me, will I’ll find out soon enough and I will update you guys every week on wether my hair is getting softer or not!
Just a random quote on hair;
‘My hair has never been my greatest feature, so that was funny enough onto itself that my hair became so focused on’ –Jennifer Aniston